ELSE 5653 Literacy and Language Devel
|WRITING TEACHING STRATEGY
(THIS SHOULD BE THE NAME OF YOUR STRATEGY)
|TARGET STUDENT INFORMATION|
|Summarize the following information
1. The student’s age, grade level, and academic development in the area of the targeted skill.
2. Identify the difficulties the student experiences. Address one or more of the following areas:
3. Academic difficulties, Behavior concerns. Attitude of student.
4. Address any outstanding circumstances the student is facing.
5. Why did you choose this strategy for your student?
|This should be a description of the skill itself, and should directly relate to the content area and big idea.|
|TARGET GRADE LEVEL|
|This should directly relate to the academic development of the exceptional (struggling) student.|
|ARKANSAS TEACHING STANDARD|
|State the ATS (one or two is sufficient) that aligns with the strategy that you are creating|
|Why did you choose this strategy? What is the objective of the activity? How does this strategy align with the needs of your struggling student?|
|MATERIALS AND TECHNOLOGY INTEGRATION|
|Describe what materials are needed to implement the lesson. These are the materials you will photograph and imbed at the end of this template after completion of your lesson. How will you integrate technology?|
|Provide step by step instructions you will use to teach the strategy to the student.|
|ASSESSMENT OF STUDENT LEARNING|
|What measurable criteria is necessary to show mastery of the skill? Ex: The student will be able to match 10 out of 15 cards correctly to show mastery.
|This will need to be completed after the implementation of your teaching strategy. Address the information in the following outline. Your paper should be at least two pages in length.
1. What impact did your activity have on student learning?
a. Did your student show mastery?
b. What additional areas of content needs to be addressed?
2. While developing your tool, what difficulties or positive experiences did you encounter?
3. While implementing your tool (strategy), what difficulties or positive experiences did you encounter?
4. When you re-teach the lesson, what will you do differently?
5. What has this assignment taught you about the process of teaching this content to exceptional students?
6. What did you learn from this assignment that you can apply to teaching future exceptional students?
You must use APA format.