- Within our health care system there are a number of stakeholders that influence the health care policy development process and ultimately help shape our health care policies.
- Government (primarily federal and state governments) and interest groups like the American Medical Association, AARP, and the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation can have a direct impact on the outcome on the type of health care we receive.
- Patients (the largest consumers of health care) are stakeholders in the health care system, and the needs and wants of the public also drive the decisions made by health care decision-makers.
- This assignment will help you better understand the role and influences of the main stakeholders in the health care policy development process.
Research the main stakeholders in the health care policy development process.
Select one of the main stakeholders at the government level (federal or state), a professional organization, or an interest group.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper that details the importance and impact this stakeholder has on the policy development process. Include the following in your paper:
- Identify the stakeholder and their level in the policy development process.
- Describe their role in the policy development process.
- Describe why the stakeholder identified is important in the policy development process.
- Describe the impact the selected stakeholder has on the policy development process.
Cite at least 2 reputable references. Reputable references include trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, a textbook, or other sources of similar quality.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.