Develop an audit plan from a business entity of your choice for the Revenue and Expense Cycles to evaluate management’s internal control schema. Focus on using data analytics such as CAATTs, GAAS, and ACL software.
Write a 5–7 page paper in which you:
- Discuss three risks associated with the revenue and expense cycles focusing on online sales and payments.
- Discuss four internal control considerations including the associated issues and risk mitigation strategies.
- Recommend an optimal revenue and expense cycle to capture three types of online transactions, including documentation requirements. Provide a justification for your recommendation.
- Develop an audit plan using CAATTs/GAAS and ACL tools to assess the internal control schema of the business entity.
- Use at least three quality sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate SWS style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is: