Assess your leadership approaches in a 2,250-3,000-word job application questionnaire.
Chances are that you are planning to be a leader in your career (maybe, you already are). Knowing how to answer why a leader is adept or weak will inevitably make you a stronger leader.
In this assessment, you will evaluate your leadership abilities in a job application questionnaire.
Use the following to complete this assessment.
- Western Medical Application Questionnaire [PDF].
- Application Questionnaire Response Template [DOCX].
After exploring online job postings, you submitted an application and resume to Western Medical Enterprises. A few days later you received the following e-mail:
Western Medical HR E-mail
Thank you for your interest in employment at Western Medical Enterprises. We have received your application packet. The next step for all candidates is to provide a narrative response to the questions in the attached document. Please return your completed document to me.
Once we receive your responses, we will review them and notify you of the next steps.
Human Resources Recruiter
Western Medical Enterprises
Respond to the scenario by answering the questions in the Western Medical Application Questionnaire [PDF] in the Application Questionnaire Response Template [DOCX].
Your assessment should also meet the following requirements:
- Format: Submit your responses using the Application Questionnaire Response Template.
- Sources: Please reference at least two sources from your own research. You may cite multiple supporting examples from each source.
- APA format: Use current APA style to format your paper and to cite your research sources in-text and in a references page.
- Length: 2,250–3,000 words.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font and double-spaced lines.
- Express your main points, arguments, and conclusions coherently.
- Use correct grammar and mechanics.
- Proofread your writing.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze leadership traits and styles.
- Analyze one’s own leadership qualities and actions relative to a specific experience.
- Competency 2: Apply accepted leadership practices and behaviors.
- Analyze one’s own actions designed to motivate and foster collaboration among stakeholders.
- Competency 3: Communicate professionally and effectively.
- Convey clear meaning in active voice, with minimal issues in grammar, usage, word choice, spelling, or mechanical errors.
- Describe an instance where one was required to lead a team to collaborate.
Portfolio Prompt: You should consider adding this assessment to your personal ePortfolio. For more information on ePortfolio, visit the Campus ePortfolio page.