FORUM WEEK# 3
Following kidney transplantation, cyclosporine is prescribed for a client. Which laboratory result
would indicate an adverse effect from the use of this medication?
1. Hemoglobin level of 14.0 g/dL (140 mml/L)
2. Creatinine level of 0.6 mg/dL (53 mcmol/L)
3. Blood urea nitrogen level of 25 mg/dL (8.8 mmol/L)
4. Fasting blood glucose level of 99 mg/dL (5.5 mmol/L)
A. Describe cyclosporine action.
B. Include adverse effects related to cyclosporine.
Phenazopyridine is prescribed for a client with a urinary tract infection. The nurse evaluates that
the medication is effective based on which observation?
1. Urine is clear amber
2. Urination is not painful
3. Urge incontinence is not present
4. A reddish-orange discoloration of the urine is present
A. Include side and adverse effects of the urinary tract analgesics
B. Nursing considerations