Select ONE of the following artists and corresponding articles and read it:
- Kerry James Marshall: Giant mural by Kerry James Marshall honors Chicago women of culture
- Tonika Lewis Johnson: Tonika Lewis Johnson’s Folded Map Project
- The Guadalupe Murals: The Guadalupe Murals in Chicago’s Streets
- Nick Cave: Soundsuits
In your initial post, please do the following:
- Describe the work of art in detail: What does it look like? What is the medium (the materials used to make it)? Where is it located? If there is more than one work featured in the article, select one that catches your attention.
- Describe and discuss the context: How does the historical, social, personal/narrative, political and/or scientific context impact how you understand the work of art?
- Ask a question: Pose a question that you would like your classmates to consider in their response to your post.
Around 200 words