This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Each member of the CLC group will individually choose and interview one leader. You may not interview a family member. Examples of leaders include, but are not limited to, former or current managers or supervisors, educational leaders, civic/business leaders, and religious leaders. This interview can take place over the phone, through email, or in person.
To ensure that the interviews yield comparable results, the CLC group must prepare a list of questions to ask the chosen leaders (interviewees). As a team, choose four questions from the following list:
- What are the most important qualities an effective leader should have?
- What is the importance of trust in leadership?
- What are the qualities you want most in an employee? Why?
- Who has had the most influence on how you lead? Why?
- In what areas would you like to improve your leadership?
- How do your employees react to your leadership?
- Have you engaged in 360-degree feedback? If so, what has been the result?
- What is the role of effective communication in leadership?
- How would you rate yourself at being able to communicate with all your important stakeholders?
In addition to the four interview questions that your team has chosen from the list, the CLC group will develop two additional questions, creating a final list of six questions total.
Each CLC team member is required to ask their individually chosen leader the same interview questions from the group list. It is imperative that the questions are decided on as a group.
After conducting the interview, CLC team members will individually create a leadership profile of their chosen leader in a PowerPoint presentation. The PowerPoint presentations must be a total of five or six slides per CLC team member. The following must be included in each individual leadership profile:
- An introduction slide that introduces the chosen leader.
- A justification for choosing that particular leader.
- A summary of the answers to the interview questions.
- A description of the leadership model with which the leader seems most closely aligned.
After CLC team members have created their individual leadership profiles, the group will compile the individual team members’ slide sets into a group PowerPoint presentation (20-24 slides, based on a four-person group). For the combined group presentation, create one or two additional slides (for a total of 22-26 slides, based on a four-person group) to provide the following information:
- A summary that describes any characteristics of servant leadership displayed by any of the leaders.
- Other commonalities among the leaders, in terms of values, beliefs, and impact on the community.
All content sections of your assignment should have supporting citations to strengthen your claims.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.