Promoting Evidence-Based Practice
In recent years, the implementation of evidence-based practice has been identified as a priority across nearly every nursing specialty (Prevost & Ford, 2020). In addition, nurses are increasingly accepted as essential members and often as leaders, of the interdisciplinary health-care teams. To effectively participate and lead a health-care team, nurses must have knowledge of the most effective and reliable evidence-based approaches to care, increase their expertise in critiquing research, and apply the evidence of their findings to select optimal interventions for their patients (Prevost & Ford, 2020).
- Read the infomation above, and then answer the following questions:
- Identify at least five (5) things you might do to increase your knowledge and use of evidence in your practice? (explain each suggestion and how it fits in the practice)
- What are the most significant and driving and restraining forces to make this change?
- Would you expect covert or overt resistance to your efforts?
- Will you need to enlist support from others or acquire additional resources for this planned change to occur? (be specific as in administrative support or scientific journals, etc)
- Your response should be:
- One (1) pg.
- Typed according to APA style for margins, formatting and spacing standards
Chapter 8 – Assignment